IVY & OAK is a direct-to-consumer fashion brand based in Berlin. Since its launch in May 2016, IVY & OAK has been driven by the idea of rethinking fashion and making it sustainable. Our guiding principle? Think differently, act differently. We are a brand that challenges the status quo and perceives sustainability not as an option, but as a foundation and a necessity.
IVY & OAK is one of Europe's fastest growing fashion labels and is represented beyond the borders of Europe with its own online store, its own store and through various retail partners.
IVY & OAK is now entering the next exciting phase. As we will continue to grow strongly in the coming years, we are looking for support for our team.
As Head of Design (m/f/d) you are part of the Management Team at IVY & OAK. This position offers you full insight into the different areas within an omni-channel fashion business as well as into IVY & OAK as a fast-growing startup.
- In collaboration with our Creative Director, you will design and manage our collections from start to finish, translating current fashion trends into successful key styles, key colours & key prints.
- You will transform your concepts and ideas into a successful collection and be involved in the creation of the colour chart, selection of fabrics and ingredients.
- You develop and support the product from concept, through proto, size set and production release at the PPS.
- Your expertise is required for problem-solving
- For the seasonal kick-off, you organize and lead the concept meetings with especially designed moodboards
- Visits to trade fairs and store checks as well as market research are part of your daily routine
- Supplier communication and traveling to supplier countries
- Management and further development of the design team
- A successfully completed bachelor's/ diploma degree in the field of design with a focus on fashion and textile design or a comparable qualification
- At least 6 years of professional experience, ideally in the field of women's wear - ideally you have already gained experience in the product groups dresses and bridal
- Sound knowledge of the industry and relevant experience in working with international suppliers
- Ability to conceptually develop key styles, colours and prints and confidently translate them into sketches and technical drawings
- Confidence in colour and style as well as a very good feeling for proportions, material and texture (structure)
- You are advanced in the use of the Adobe Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- A dynamic and fast-moving environment does not put you off your stride
- You are an organizational talent and used to dealing with tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm, resilience and team spirit
- You have a very good command of written and spoken English and are open to travel
- An entrepreneurial, high-impact experience at a well-funded and one of the fastest-growing D2C brands in Europe
- Being part of the management team, we offer you very high personal and professional growth potential and room to actively shape the business
- A young, ambitious and highly skilled team with flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths is warmly welcoming you
- An open and transparent company culture with highly motivated colleagues at our lovely office in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive package
- A great employee discount on our whole collection